The sun is out, shining on the snow so that the whole world looks like a pretty, sparkling wonderland. Happy New Year!!
So far today I have finished cleaning up, and changed my sheets. I also made ten fairly specific resolutions I think I can reasonably accomplish in the coming year. My plan is to write a more detailed list in order to make sure this is the case. My overall plan for the year is to be more proactive. We'll see how that goes.
I hope those of you who had NYE plans had a wonderful night, made it home safely, and aren't in too much pain today. ♥ I watched Marry Poppins and Shrek 3, read a couple of fics and went to bed. Woke up to aforementioned sunshine, so I'm in an optimistic mood.
Right now I'm watching Wildfire as I sort through some stuff. It's a fairly silly show, but there are some things I really like about it, and it reaffirms my ridiculous girlcrush on Genevieve. She's so unbelievably adorable.
For lunch I am having traditional ham and bean soup (and black-eyed peas). Hooray!!
And, just because, my Brezsnyscope says:
Oh, Brezsny! How are you always so relevant?
I know logically that New Year's is not a magical day, but I like the idea of fresh starts and all. It is what we make it. I hope that 2011 holds many great things for y'all!
♥
So far today I have finished cleaning up, and changed my sheets. I also made ten fairly specific resolutions I think I can reasonably accomplish in the coming year. My plan is to write a more detailed list in order to make sure this is the case. My overall plan for the year is to be more proactive. We'll see how that goes.
I hope those of you who had NYE plans had a wonderful night, made it home safely, and aren't in too much pain today. ♥ I watched Marry Poppins and Shrek 3, read a couple of fics and went to bed. Woke up to aforementioned sunshine, so I'm in an optimistic mood.
Right now I'm watching Wildfire as I sort through some stuff. It's a fairly silly show, but there are some things I really like about it, and it reaffirms my ridiculous girlcrush on Genevieve. She's so unbelievably adorable.
For lunch I am having traditional ham and bean soup (and black-eyed peas). Hooray!!
And, just because, my Brezsnyscope says:
Aries (March 21-April 19)
"Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed," said writer Irene Peter. That should be cautionary advice for you in 2011, Aries. From what I can tell, it will be relatively easy for you to rearrange the way things look, but trickier to transform them from the inside out. You will have to be vigilant to keep from getting swept up in the giddiness of big talk at the expense of practical action. You'll have to push hard to make sure that seductive ideas are translated into concrete details. Can you do it? I think you can.
Oh, Brezsny! How are you always so relevant?
I know logically that New Year's is not a magical day, but I like the idea of fresh starts and all. It is what we make it. I hope that 2011 holds many great things for y'all!
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-01 09:34 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-01 11:04 pm (UTC)She really really is! I got sucked in during a marathon on the Family channel during the second season (I think?) and I was like, "OMG, she's so cute!!" I have adored her ever since.
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-01 09:49 pm (UTC)That said, yes he is scarily relevant.
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-01 11:05 pm (UTC)Happy New Year!! \o/
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 01:30 am (UTC)True fact!
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 04:53 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 02:47 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 04:54 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 09:26 am (UTC)Lol Wildfire... I know horses feature in it heavily and I have a really hard time watching any horse-related TV show or movie. I'm far too critical of them /o\
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 08:05 pm (UTC)Hee!! There is a lot of horse-related stuff on the show for sure. Luckily, my horse ignorance prevents it from being a problem. ;D I definitely know how that goes, though.
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 10:49 am (UTC)Haha Wildfire, oh those totally wasted summer days when it's on repeat on E4. Good times.
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 08:06 pm (UTC)I totally got sucked in via a marathon on the family channel back in the day. I regret nothing!! It is totally a guilty pleasure. :D
(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 09:31 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2011-01-02 10:49 pm (UTC)